Wednesday 26 June 2019

Falling in Love with Fern

Fern Love

We had fern in our house as long as I can remember. Some survived many seasons, while some dilly-dallied before it perished from the pots.

Now, I have a resurgence of interest towards ferns. In my garden I have around 10 varieties of ferns - name of most ferns are still mystery to me. How can I not find the names of the ferns when I can easily search the image and find its name online?

Some ferns has close resemblance that I can't come to a clear conclusion. For instance, the fern in the above picture looks close to these two types - Dallas Fern, Tiger Fern.

As these picture of Dallas Fern and Tiger Fern has close similarity with the one at home, I am leaving it for more exploration and find.

Ferns Used in Terrarium

I have kept this fern in a terrarium and it's growing well. Though it can overcrowd the small glass container, it's easy to limit it by pruning the excess leaves.

Have you tried growing ferns in a terrarium? Which fern have you used?


More links about ferns:

1. Ferns for containers

No comments:

Post a Comment